Saturday, August 27, 2005

Training during the week

Last week was probably one of the best training weeks yet. I felt good, fast and like running forever!!:) I was running at the Holmdel High School track all week. Each lap is 400 m, so 1 mile is 4 laps.
Tuesday, I did a 5 miler (20 laps), with miles 3 and 4 at under 9 min/mile pace! It felt really really good! Running at arnd 8.5-9 min/mile pace for 2 miles didnt feel as bad as I thought. Wednesday was better. I ran 4 miles (16 laps) in 38 mins, consistent pace, no pain in the legs....no huffing-puffing......great feeling!!
Thursday was even better!! I was supposed to run 6 miles (24 laps), easy pace! I ran the first 4 miles at arnd 11 min/mile pace, then ran the 5th mile in arnd 8 mins....and the last mile in 9 mins!!! Felt really really good! I think I can do the 15 miler on Sunday!!!

1 comment:

TriGeeky said...

hey... amazing progresss!! Keep it up dude!!!