Monday, July 25, 2005

Weekly update

Last week was max mileage week till date!!
Ran a total of 22.5 miles. Feels nice!!:)
I did some track workouts with Tom on the last 2 saturdays. Thats to build my speed reserve! The track is a long way from home, almost 30 miles. But its worth it.
The other people in Tom's group are all older than I am, but their fitnees is awesome. There is even a lady called Linda, 52 years of age, who is training for a Master's meet in Spain, and will be representing the US in the 50+ age group. She is supposedly the fastest lady in her events in her age group in the US. That is some achievement!!:)
Back to my training - I basically did a little warm-up, then did something called "Strides". Strides means running at a jogging pace for 45 seconds, and then speeding up for 15 seconds, and repeating the cycle. Being on a track helps, as I can simply run slow on the curved portion of the track, and speed up on the straights. After "Strides", I did 4 400m timed laps, keeping the time to 2 mins, seperated by 1 min recovery. Pacing myself was the toughest part!!
So, I think everything is going on pretty well in the training! Hope this continues!!

No comments: