Monday, September 12, 2005

Good week - gearing up for 18 miles!

Last week was good.....running felt really good! The weather had been excellent all week...very cool, and slightly breezy sometimes!! SO running felt really comfortable!
Wednesday, I ran 6 miles...started at 6:30 a.m.,....was actually pretty cold when I started.......took me arnd 2 miles to get warmed up.......after that it felt really nice!! I could run a brisk pace, and pick it up during the last mile!!
Thursday, I ran in the evening....in Holmdel.....not on the track or in the park, but on the road.....Holmdel is full of small hills...so the roads are essentially up and down throughout......so it was a good workout to run on inclines and declines.....ran 6.3 miles in around 1 hour and 5 minutes...so was very pleased with my pace! close to 10 mins a mile is what I am aiming at!!
Saturday was a shorter run.....4 miles...around my home......the usual stuff!:D
Sunday's 12 mile run was really good. I never felt out of breath...didnt need much water either!! I tried another brand of power-gels this time at the 10 mile mark.......called "Goo"/"Gu" however its spelt....(For marathi people.....literally "Goo" khalli!!:P:P:P) The power-gel seemed to help this time...I could pick up my pace during the last 2 miles, and complete them in 20-21 mins!! So I am going to try that next time.....
Which brings me to next sunday's run - 18 miles!! Wish me luck!!!

1 comment:

TriGeeky said...

Hey... good luck man!!! Way to "Goo"... i mean .. Way to go.. :-p he he